Are you ready for a challenging yet rewarding volunteer experience?
Red Rock Search and Rescue is made up of volunteers who go out into urban and wilderness settings to find missing loved ones and injured hikers. We also assist agencies with cold cases to bring answers to families who have lost someone.
Before you apply, it will be helpful if you understand what is expected of field team and command post members. Expectations include:
- Contribute 120 hours per year
- Attend training classes which are generally held on evenings and weekends
- Attend searches (when they don’t conflict with work or family obligations)
- Achieve a Sartech certification within 1 year
- Be in peak physical condition if you are a field searcher
- Pass an FBI background check
- Pay a one-time membership fee of $200
- Able to spend $500-$1000 on your own gear, equipment, certifications, and fuel
- Comfortable being filmed by the media
All field team applicants must be able to attend an evening class on July 16 and 18 and all day on the 20th. If you cannot make all three dates, please do not apply. Wait for the next cycle in October.
There are three paths at Red Rock Search and Rescue that offer something for everyone. They are:
Field Searcher: These are our “ground pounders” who go into the field to find missing people. You must be in good physical condition and comfortable searching mountain, desert, wilderness, and urban terrain in all kinds of weather. You will receive training in all aspects of search and rescue.
Command Post: Command post personnel work at the command center of our operation. They handle team communications, mapping, accountability, safety, scribing, and information processing. This position does not require rigorous physical conditioning and is open to nearly anyone.
Resource Member: You can also help us behind the scenes. We need assistance with fundraising, administrative duties, data entry, graphic design, website development, and more. If you can spare some time, and you have an interest in helping us, we will find something for you to do!
If you think you can meet our requirements and you would like to apply to join the team, please fill out this application.